Cardello Building has served Pittsburghers for decades. See where we’ve come from.
The firm became the National Casket Company by the turn of the century, and the building served as its headquarters, factory, and warehouse. National Casket was one of the first manufacturers of mass-produced caskets. At the height of its business in the early 1900s,
Moved from Pittsburgh to present site in 1870. Changed firm's name to Hamilton, Lemmon & Arnold. Gain national recognition as specialists and experts in the field.
Merged with Chappell, Chase, Maxwell Co. and Stein Manufacturing Company forming the National Casket Company
National Casket maintained 16 factories and 22 showroom throughout the country. Established itself as the largest casket and coffin manufacturer in the world
The company's largest showroom and factory was located in Allegheny on Munford. National Casket shipped more than 52,000 caskets worldwide each year, making it the largest coffin manufacturer in the country.
the building was used principally as a warehouse.
Cardello Lighting & Electric Supply, lighting Pittsburgh since 1947.
and stays until they outgrow the building and move down the street.
An environment that combines exceptional state-of-the-art amenities, ambience, and a fidelity to architectural history and heritage, has set the Cardello Building apart from all other office facilities in Pittsburgh and the surrounding area.